We hope you can join us, and we guarantee you will have a great time!
- Our team of staff and tutors know the art, science and marketing of equine dentistry intimately!
- Having hosted over 584 equine vets over the past 16 years at our training workshops, the EVDS teaching team (8 tutors for 26 registrants ) is absolutely dedicated to ensure that every vet who attends our 5 day workshop returns to their practice confident and competent to go out and perform quality routine dentistry - bread and butter work which will return good results and happy clients.
- Horse owners want high quality dentistry at affordable prices for their horses and we can teach you how to deliver it!
- We have a great mix of lectures, dry labs, cadaver pracs and live horses.
- This proven combination and sequence of lectures and pracs allows your knowledge and confidence to grow over the 5 days, and this reinforced knowledge and new skills WILL stay with you.
- The last 2 days are entirely on live horses where you are GUARANTEED to use different sedation protocols, systematically examine 10-14 live horse mouths, perform nerve blocks, extract wolf teeth, do performance floats using hand tools and power floats, perform “bit seats”, complete dental charts, communicate and explain pathology to the owners - who will appreciate your efforts and attendance at the workshop.
These workshops have filled up early for the past 5 years, so book early to avoid disappointment!!!
Genuine Feedback from our Participants
Awesome - would love to come back in year or so for advanced! I love learning from people who are soooo passionate about what they do - inspirational!
Best ever - great number of students so we can share ideas and experiences. Every tutor/lecturer approachable and friendly!
Best by far - progression level from theory to practical was excellent and unlike many courses, not patronising. Tutor availability great and very helpful. Good sense of humor!
Really enjoyed it. Hospitality was fantastic! Patience exceptional. Thank you!
Excellent - This is a brilliant course which has taken me from not wanting to touch a PowerFloat to being comfortable using one, and even better, understanding what I am doing and why! I thoroughly recommend it to other vets!
I had a fantastic time and learnt so much. Keen to go home and do some dentals. Thanks for your enthusiasm and dedication to teaching.
Incredible - Thank you so much for running such a fantastic workshop. I can't think of anything that was bad. My only thought would be to spread it over 6 days.
Thank you for a great week improving my skills and hopefully allowing me to have a work life balance. I found the progression really good.
A fantastic event - a week of great learning experience and practical value.
A fantastic course, will not find better value for money. Be prepared for long days but only way to get so much information and practical experience. Has certainly inspired me to go out and expand my dental practice knowing I can provide a great quality service.
- Anatomy and ageing
- Instrumentation, using both traditional and the latest technology
- Restraints, anaesthesia and nerve blocks
- Performance floats, incisor work, wolf teeth, premolar and molar work, "bit seats", mouth balance, symmetry and function
- Mouth abnormalities, pathology, examination, diagnosis and treatment
- Radiology techniques and evaluation, including tutorial session
- Temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ) problems
- Geriatric dentistry
- Fitting Equine Dentistry into your practice