About Equine Veterinary and Dental Services
Equine Veterinary and Dental Services is:
- An equine only veterinary practice which caters for preventative and elective procedures — such as dentistry, stud work, lamenesses, foot problems, skin disease, eyes, branding.
- Located on a 13 acre property at Clarenza, via South Grafton.
- One vet lives on site at the practice.
- The leading training centre in Australia for equine vets wanting to learn and master equine dentistry.
The objectives of EVDS are to:
- Maintain the highest possible standards by focussing on only one species — the horse.
- Provide first class comprehensive equine veterinary services in the Clarence Valley and surrounding areas.
- Continue our passion to help to promote and teach equine dentistry to other professionals around Australia and the world - in order to aim for greater welfare in the horse.
- Continue to service clients outside of Grafton, including Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and north to the border, who seek the services of vets who only treat horses.
- Conduct more seminars for local horse owners — similar to the reproduction seminar in 1999, the equine dentistry/parasite seminar in 2003, and the two held in 2009.
- Continue to grow and develop our service as a 1st class equine vet practice — which will help support existing industry and also to attract more equine owners and trainers to the area.
Oliver Liyou B.V.Sc.(Hons) MACVSc: — founder of EVDS